Training & Competency
Our HSE Management System contributes to employee morale and pride through employee participation in identifying safety needs and safe work practices. Our team of HSE specialists and technical trainers ensure our employees are trained and competent to safely conduct their assigned responsibilities to meet the high expectations of our customers. Our specialized internal safety training database tracks employee training and compliance, competency assessments, and recertification requirements. Required training is rolled out through a multi-faceted approach utilizing classroom, hands-on training, and a web-based portal for access globally across the Stream-Flo Group of Companies.
At Stream-Flo we believe that a robust HSE training approach provides our employees with the necessary skills and competencies to perform their jobs safely, and to ensure that they go home safe at the end of every work day. Listed below are a few examples of the types of training offered, and how we deliver the required training to our staff:
- Full new hire orientation complete with new employee handbook.
- Contractor safety handbook.
- Monthly compliance audit by HSE and corrective actions.
- Annual HSE audits results and corrective actions.
- Annual ERP drills, reactions, and reviews.
- Monthly operations tool box meetings.
- Monthly JWSHSE meetings.
- Safety Moment training at the monthly senior executive management meetings.
- Incident reporting , investigation process and root cause analysis.
- Performance review / progressive discipline.
- Supervisor Safety Leadership training.
- HSE policies and procedures review and acknowledgement.
- Hazard Assessment and Control.
- Job specific / technical training: H2S, Forklift, Hazardous Materials, Cranes and Rigging Safety, First Aid, PPE, CBA/SABA, Commercial Vehicle Operations, TDG, Equipment-specific training for job functions.
- Annual Safety Stand Down.