Legal Administrative Assistant - Edmonton, AB
The Legal Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Legal and Risk Management Department by organizing, tracking and coordinating various key legal, risk and corporate activities.
The successful candidate will be highly professional, reliable, organized, and possess exceptional time management skills while managing multiple priorities. This individual is a 'take charge' personality that recognizes the need before it has surfaced and takes great pride in running a smooth department. You are a fast learner, a proven team player, and an ambitious go-getter.
Key position functions:
- Coordinate with external law firms on handling the company minute books, corporate registrations, and annual returns for the legal entities
- Assist with management of agreements and the contract review system, including coordinating and assigning sections to be reviewed, and monitoring contracting process from inception through to execution
- Manage the departments general email inbox and respond to various questions, providing advice on following proper protocols or due diligence for documents and agreements
- Assist with formatting complex documents such as legal contracts and processing documents that require legalization and authenticating for out of country jurisdictions
- Assist with various legal and risk management tasks for the companies across Canada, US, and internationally
- Ensure that all legal related documents and property records are filed in accordance to company standards and best practices, working with Records Management Coordinator as needed
- Assist with global insurance program and coverage placements, including certificate requests and review, policy issuance, premium processing, as well as claims reporting and management
- Track key limitation dates for various files and activities that must be renewed or reviewed on a continual basis
- Assist with processing or filing new trademarks internationally, and working with trademark agents to manage renewal and evidence requirements
- Provide administrative support as required such as invoicing records, file management, department projects, prepare meeting agendas, record meeting minutes, and maintain organized files
- Create databases and/or processes to accomplish tasks and track multiple files or documents with important dates and deadlines
- Assist with financial trade placements with bank facilities
- Coordinate department bulletins as well as acting as a liaison to internal groups and management for all risk and legal needs
- Prepare and modify legal documents, reports, drafts, and memos and distribute them as directed
- Handle sensitive and confidential information working with senior management
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as an administrator or assistant role with experience working with senior management.
- Legal, real estate, or insurance background preferred
- Experience and ability to understand and interpret basic legal contract language
- Extremely organized with the ability to keep track of key matters and projects while working independently
- Able to conduct work with a constructive and critical thought process
- Very proficient with computer and office software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Superior typing skills with high degree of accuracy
- Able to work in a high paced environment, with a variety of moving deadlines and priority assignments
- Must thrive in a complex corporate structure, working across multiple departments
- Have an extremely high attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Can perform consistently at a high level and take measured initiative with ability to research, and discover information on an as needed basis
Stream-Flo offers a competitive salary, profit sharing and a comprehensive benefit program to prospective employees, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, characterized by continued growth and strong business results.
To Apply for this Position
Please state the position and location that you are applying for on your application. Apply to the Stream-Flo Human Resources Department at:
Mail: Stream-Flo Industries Ltd., 4505 - 74 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6B 2H5
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.