Senior Administrative Assistant - Edmonton, AB
The Senior Administrative Assistant will assist with a variety of administration and clerical duties to support the Corporate group and related Business Units. This role is designed to provide the right candidate with opportunity to take on added responsibilities and job complexity as the position evolves.
The successful candidate will be highly professional, reliable, organized, and possess exceptional time management skills while managing multiple priorities. You are a 'take charge' personality that recognizes the need before it has surfaced and takes great pride in running a smooth office. You are a fast learner, a proven team player, and an ambitious go-getter.
Key position functions:
- Organize meetings as required including the preparation and distribution of the agenda and related materials.
- Prepare and format information for internal and external distribution. This may include writing letters and memos, compiling data for reports, creating computerized presentations, transcribing notes and minutes, managing confidential materials, editing, proofreading and other preparation duties.
- Provide mentorship, direction and leadership to direct reports.
- Responsible for procurement of office furniture, equipment and other office supplies.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic records of various agreements including developing and managing filing systems.
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements and monitor and control hotel rates.
- Demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline an asset.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a senior administration role working with senior management.
- Advanced skills in Word, MS Outlook, Excel, and Power Point. Knowledgeable in SharePoint, and Microsoft 365. Familiar with ERP systems, Smartsheet and Sharefile.
- Comfortable in minute taking in an accurate and efficient manner.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently while fostering a team environment.
- Ability to provide good judgment and sound decision making.
- Self-motivated and able to work under general supervision.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex and highly confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to operate with diplomacy, tact and empathy.
- Highly organized with the ability to work to tight deadlines, and flexible to change within short notice.
- Ability to think proactively and laterally to maximize opportunities to promote the work of the organization.
Stream-Flo offers a competitive salary, profit sharing and a comprehensive benefit program to prospective employees, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, characterized by continued growth and strong business results.
To Apply for this Position
Please state the position and location that you are applying for on your application. Apply to the Stream-Flo Human Resources Department at:
Mail: Stream-Flo Industries Ltd., 4505 - 74 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6B 2H5
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.