Benefits Specialist - Houston, TX
Key position functions include:
- Acts as primary Company representative for all matter related to group benefits (i.e. medical, dental, life insurance, disability, etc.) and benefit related compensation plans (i.e. 401K, FSA, etc.).
- Researches and analyzes plan provider and plan design options, and recommends solutions that represent best practices and best value – coordinates the annual renewal process, recommends plan design options, changes and/or enhancements, and schedules open enrolment.
- Maintains awareness of market trends, and recommends overall group benefit and related compensation plan strategies.
- Proactively addresses issues as they arise - communicates regularly with benefit and plan providers, benefit consultant and addresses employee questions/concerns in a timely manner.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of company's benefit plans and processes necessary to administer those plans.
- Ensures Company practices and programs/plans comply with legislative requirements (i.e. ERISA, ACA, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, Section 125, etc.), and ensures legislative reporting/filing requirements are met.
- Coordinates and/or conducts employee communication meetings, and drafts benefit related communications for review and approval.
- Oversees and coordinates transfer of data between the Company and external providers. Liaises with Payroll Department as required to accomplish these activities.
- Ensures integrity of employee benefit records and files, reviews/approves enrollments, renewals and changes as required.
- Ensures COBRA requirements are administered correctly.
- Administers 401(k) enrollments, changes, withdrawals and terminations. Completes all 401(k) audit and reporting requirements.
- Administers activities in the HRIS system as required. Ensures benefit and plan information is available on HRIS system and Company intranet.
- Reconciles and processes benefit invoices on a monthly basis. Addresses discrepancies as required.
- Provides employee benefit deductions information to Payroll.
- Liaises with disability benefit carrier and facilitate claims management activities as required.
- Maintains strong relationship with benefits broker and vendors.
- Assists with Workers Compensation insurance and audit as required
- Other duties as assigned, such as HR administration, filing, participating in surveys, etc.
Preferred candidate will possess a combination of the following:
- Five years related experience in overseeing an organization’s benefit programs and plans
- Related post-secondary education, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth working knowledge of benefit program design and administration
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders, formulate strategies and communicate recommendations/solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to identify opportunities to maximize benefit offerings and value
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of federal and state compliance requirements and experience in meeting regulations
- Familiarity with HRIS systems and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To Apply for this Position
Please state the position and location that you are applying for on your application. Apply to the Stream-Flo Human Resources Department at:
Mail: Stream-Flo USA, 8726 Fallbrook Drive, Houston, Texas, USA 77064
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.