Product Manager - Valve Business Unit - Edmonton, AB
Note - This position could be located in Edmonton, Alberta; Calgary, Alberta or Houston, Texas
- Financial responsibility for the Profit and Loss on all VBU products.
- Manage VBU check valve product line life cycles from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Scope and prioritize product development activities based on business and customer impact, working closely with Sales, Engineering, Operations and Manufacturing to deliver quick time-to-market solutions.
- Work with Sales Managers to identify, establish and implement a strategic sales plan by region/country, including 1-2 and 5 year business objectives.
- Meet revenue, margin and growth objectives by leading sales strategies related to customer attraction/retention, customer relations, presentations, bids and proposals and pricing.
- Develop and implement a company-wide product marketing plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Establish annual revenue and expense budgets for Sales team
- Responsible and accountable for the product range and inventory levels.
- Work with Sales, Manufacturing and Purchasing to optimize inventory, meeting expected customer demand within budgetary capital constraints.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs, preparing return-on-investment analyses, and establishing time schedules with Sales, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations and Manufacturing.
- Identify opportunities, threats, trends, competitor strategies, etc. and advise others as applicable.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma and 10 years of experience in an international oilfield equipment sales and product management role (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- A proven track record for driving sales growth, penetrating new markets and meeting objectives.
- Prior experience or strong familiarity with the valve industry for both API-6D and 6A applications.
- Action oriented, strong entrepreneurial drive and focus - ability to commit to and deliver positive results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with Senior Management and senior customer representatives.
- Well organized, ability to self-manage priorities and maintain attention to detail.
- Personal credibility and integrity.
- Solid understanding of commercial/contractual terms and experience with bids and proposals.
- Familiarity with international specifications (API 6A, 6D, ISO 15156, ATEK).
- Ability to travel extensively internationally.
- Proficient computer skills.
To Apply for this Position
Please state the position and location that you are applying for on your application. Apply to the Stream-Flo Human Resources Department at:
Mail: Stream-Flo Industries Ltd., 4505 - 74 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6B 2H5
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Stream-Flo offers a competitive salary, profit sharing and a comprehensive benefit program to prospective employees, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, characterized by continued growth and strong business results.