Senior Material Handler - Fort McMurray, AB
We are looking for a local Fort McMurray resident to join our growing team! Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Aftermarket Services (AMS) Senior Material Handler will provide effective leadership and communication with respect to building a strong commitment to customer service, while maintaining a positive and effective work environment. This is a hands-on position with the opportunity to develop the shop team at our Fort McMurray facility.
Key position functions include:
- Assist with effective people management practices with respect to recruitment and selection, progressive discipline, promotion and advancement, performance reviews, compensation training and general employee relations.
- Oversee and control all day to day operations for Rentals, Chokes, Remanufacturing, Customer Property, Machine Shop, and Quality Control.
- Ensure all procedures are followed in relation to specific product groups and specialty items.
- Oversee all operations with choke repairs and work closely with Master-Flo group on choke repairs and completions as per existing criteria and requirements.
- Work closely with service supervisor and inside sales to organize orders/service requirements.
- Review and approve all repairs and finished assemblies.
- Responsible for handling and organizing farm outs for AMS equipment.
- Responsible for control and scheduling of machining and welding of all AMS service tools.
- Organize and control all receiving of buy back items and new rental equipment and verifying of serialized components (receiving and stamping).
- Assist with reports on equipment or assembly deficiencies as needed.
- Ensure staff are following the Stream-Flo Industries Health and Safety program in the field and shop.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Preferred candidates will possess a combination of the following:
- 5 plus years’ experience in a supervisory role with proven ability to lead and direct teams an asset.
- Previous experience with wellhead/frac equipment and oilfield industry experience preferred; field experience would be an asset.
- Experience and knowledge with API 6A.
- Knowledgeable in reading and understanding measurement equipment and drawings.
- Well organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs and applications.
- Working knowledge and experience with ERP systems.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and team skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a current driver’s abstract.
In order to meet customer site access safety requirements, applicants must participate in an alcohol and drug test and show compliance with Stream-Flo’s Alcohol and Drug Policy before being considered eligible for hire.
Stream-Flo offers a competitive salary, profit sharing and a comprehensive benefit program to prospective employees, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, characterized by continued growth and strong business results.
To Apply for this Position
Please state the position and location that you are applying for on your application. Apply to the Stream-Flo Human Resources Department at:
Mail: Stream-Flo Industries Ltd., 4505 - 74 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6B 2H5
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.